* Recruit, hire, and orient new and temporary paralegals.
* Conduct disciplinary actions and terminations.
* Provide continuing legal education by presenting in-house training programs and suggesting attendance at outside seminars.
* Assign projects to paralegals; coordinate work flow; monitor billable and non-billable hours.
* Prepare financial and statistical reports including a yearly budget for the paralegal program, periodic employee status
report, work assignments, and profitability analyses.
* Participate in periodic and yearly salary reviews and evaluations.
* Participate in long-range planning of the firm, with a focus on paralegal staffing.
* Promote effective and maximum utilization of paralegals.
* Set paralegal salaries and billing rates.
* Perform other administrative duties, including:
o solving personnel problems;
o proposing new paralegal policies and administering existing firm policies;
o complying with labor laws; and
o acting as a liaison between the paralegals, attorneys, and the paralegal committee to promote effective utilization