Performed for Debtor
* Interview client to obtain background information for filing petition, schedules, and statement of financial affairs.
* Provide client list of documents needed, such as tax returns, certificate of title, life insurance, leases, and
* Obtain debt information and draft list of debts.
* Obtain asset information and prepare list of assets.
* Order asset appraisals.
* Draft press release about commencement of case.
* Prepare mass mailing of notice of commencement of case to all creditors.
* Draft petitions, schedules and statement of financial affairs.
* Assist in preparing of disclosure statement and plan of reorganization.
* Draft debtor's monthly operating reports in Chapter 11 cases.
* Assist in preference action litigation.
* Conduct research and prepare witnesses and information for various evidentiary hearings in Chapter 11 cases.
Performed for Creditor
* Review debtor schedules and statement of affairs. Obtain all necessary data from client to draft proofs of claim.
* Draft notice of appearance and motion for admission pro hac vice for attorneys not admitted to the bar in the state
of the court proceeding.
* Draft motions for avoidance of liens and reaffirmation agreements; arrange for execution of same.
* Draft motion for examination pursuant to Bankruptcy Rule 2004.
* Draft complaints as Code allows.
Performed for Debtor and Creditor
* Conduct Uniform Commercial (UCC) searches and real property searches to determine status of liens on property and/or
* Arrange for appraisals of real and personal property.
* Verify that all filings with court are in proper form and order.
* Familiarize client with general procedures for bankruptcy court hearings, meetings, and motions.
* Meet with client for execution of documents.
* Handle routine calls and correspondence to and from creditors, creditors' committee chairperson, attorneys, trustee,
debtors, and client.
* Attend court hearings with attorney and client to facilitate flow of documents and information.
* Draft complaints and motions for relief from stay with supporting affidavits in adversary proceedings.
* Draft attorney's fee applications and compile supporting documentation.
* Attend Section 341 meeting(s).
* Attend plan confirmation hearing.
* Maintain log to track discharge and status of bankruptcy.
* Draft judgment searches for appropriate offices.
* Draft request for information as to real estate owned by debtor; analyze and summarize documentation and information
received; prepare lien priority exhibits for use in trial.
* Maintain service list for distribution of pleadings, motions, notices, and orders.