* Research landlord/tenant laws and rights.
* Visit residence to verify and document (photograph) problems.
* Review terms and conditions of oral and written rental agreements/leases; prepare analysis of key terms.
* Investigate city/county records to discover the building owner and past violations/complaints.
* Study notices and evictions served to see if they were prepared and served properly in accordance with lease provisions
and rent receipts.
* Negotiate with landlord and tenant to resolve problems.
* Draft notice to leave the premises, complaint, requests for service and praecipe for writ of resolution.
* File and serve pleadings.
* Notify client of hearing date.
* Collect information for hearing and motion for judgment.
* Confirm service on defendant.
* Maintain contact with client or landlord as to tenant status.
* Draft motion for judgment and assist with collection.
* Identify and refer nonlegal problems to proper agencies; contact agencies for clients.
Note - Some of the information contained in the Litigation and Real Estate sections of this publication also includes
work performed in the Landlord/Tenant specialty area.