* Maintain information regarding all open appeals and documents pertaining to appeals.
* Develop and maintain reference library for administrative information and court rules.
* Handle routine calls and correspondence to and from clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, and courts.
* Arrange for extensions of time by telephone, letter and/or motion.
Record on Appeal
* Review trial court file and prepare index of documents and materials that constitute the record on appeal.
* Prepare index or summary of hearing/trial transcripts.
* Arrange for visual aids, models, or other record documents for use in oral argument.
Preparing the Appeal
* Draft notice of appeal.
* Draft factual portions of the appellate brief.
* Shepardize all cases cited in the appellate brief.
* Prepare table of authorities for all citations contained in the appellate brief.
* Prepare exhibits referenced in the appellate brief.
* Confirm accuracy of references to record contained in the appellate brief.
* Research and draft application for attorneys fee. Obtain all necessary information and documentation to support
the fee application.